At South Coast Winery Resort & Spa, you'll find great opportunities with competitive salaries and benefits. Currently, we have the following openings at our luxury resort in the Temecula Valley wine country:
Download South Coast Winery Resort & Spa Employment Application
(See South Coast Winery Resort & Spa Positions)
Download Carter Estate Winery & Resort Employment Application
(See Carter Estate Winery and Resort Positions)
South Coast Winery Resort & Spa
Organic Vegetable Maintenance Gardener
Job Description: Maintain health, beauty and productivity of Carter Estate winery Resort vegetable gardens
• Work outdoors, with your hands in soil!
• Communicate with Vineyard Rose Management regularly
• Gardener’s duties depend on the season, as his/ her tasks would change accordingly
• He/She has to make sure that the soil is working with is of the right quality and in good condition
• Able to select the right seeds for the variety of vegetable to be grown which are ideal for the conditions and resort food strategies
• 20 hours/weekly with potential to GROW
• Flexible hours
• Must know which fertilizer and ingredients to use in order the keep the plants healthy and provide nourishment
• Experience growing organic vegetables (farm or garden). Preference to experience in Southern California, and growing professionally (rather than hobby gardener)
• Comfort with integrated pest management
• Confident in soil building methods
• Excellent and prompt communication skills via phone & email
• Physically comfortable lifting, carrying, digging, planting
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
A room attendant is responsible for the cleanliness and overall appearance of guest rooms
• Vacuuming and sweeping carpets and floors. • Mopping floors as needed.
• Dusting, brushing, polishing and vacuuming furniture.
• Dusting and cleaning room decorations, appliances and structural surfaces (e.g. wall fixtures, window sills, vents).
• Changing linen and making beds.
• Cleaning showers, tubs, sinks and bathroom items.
• Removing used guest amenities and trash.
• Replenishing guest amenities and supplies.
• Inspecting rooms for safety hazards and for the operating condition of equipment and reporting same to maintenance.
• Checking for damaged linens.
• Reporting lost and found articles, maintenance problems, or special room problems (e.g. pets in the room) to a supervisor.
• Maintaining storage rooms and stocking carts.
• Emptying linen from housekeeping cart into laundry cart.
• Recording room status on work assignment sheets.
• Providing information to guests about hotel services, facilities and other amenities
• Providing information to guests about local attractions/services.
• Preparing rooms for guest arrival and responding to special guest requests, such as delivering newspapers or cleaning a spill.
• Listening and responding to guests’ requests or complaints.
Weekends and Holidays are required. Please send completed application or resume to email@example.com
Cellar worker is part of the winemaking team performing various work assignments to include: racking, pumping, clarifying and blending of juice and wine; Operate and care for filters, pumps, presses, hoses and cellar equipment; handle shipping and receiving of from cases of wine to tanker trucks; perform sanitation of cellar equipment including casks and tanks; check temperature of tanks during fermentation, stabilization and storage. Other duties include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare wine batches for bottling. • Transfer, rack, filter, and blend wines as needed. • Mix tanks as needed for cold stability. • Gas head space on partial tanks on weekly basis. • Make chemical and yeast additions to wine and juice as needed.
• Responsible for sanitation of cellar area equipment and tanks.• Sample tanks as needed.• Assist in setup and cleanup, activies, including cleaning of labeler parts, hosing down floors, and storing packaging materials.• Perform wine barrel work• Work on Bottling line and do occasional hand labeling.• Operate forklift as needed.• Participate in seasonal harvest-related work assigned.
Minimum Qualifications • High school diploma or GED. • Valid drivers license with good driving record. • Spanish communication skills. • Math and reading aptitude. • Strong oral, written and technical communication. • Strong customer relations and customer service. • Diplomacy and Professionalism. • Organization, planning and time management. • Standard sanitation practices for cellar equipment and bottling line. Physical Job Requirements: • Bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving items Frequently requires the ability to lift and move heavy and bulky items without assistance • Lift 60lbs. • Walking and Standing.
Please send completed application or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring food and human safety practices are strictly adhered to
• Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
• Has knowledge of products used throughout the store and works across departments to provide knowledge based service to assist customers in finding complete meal solutions
• Possess culinary knife skills which include safely using knives; sharpening and honing the edges of knives; and using them to chop, dice, julienne and mince
• cooking experience required with at least 2 years in a high volume kitchen.
• Food preparation experience
• Responsible for moving and lifting an average of 5 – 20 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 50 pounds rarely.
• May be exposed to various allergens and work environments, including temperature changes
• Tasks will be performed using and in the proximity of coolers, ovens, stoves and other hot equipment; cooking and kitchen utensils and equipment
Please email applications to email@example.com
Description:The Dishwasher is responsible for performing various kitchen cleaning and storage activities such as but not limited to dish washing, pot washing, general and equipment cleaning, storage and rotation of food and supplies. Responsible for handling all foods, storage and cleaning activities in accordance with sanitary procedures and standards and complies with all federal, state and local regulatory procedures regarding food storage, cleaning and preparation.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Ability to handle multiple priorities
• Ability to stand for 6 to 9 hours at one time
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Ability to bend, climb and/or work in confined spaces
• Ability to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends and holidays
• Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication
• You must have organizational and time management skills and demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
On Call Massage Therapist
Due to expansion of the GrapeSeed Spa to 20 treatment rooms, the team is looking for massage therapists who possess the following skill set and customer service skills
• 3 or more years of massage experience
• Must be available Saturday and Sunday
• Provide consistent professional massage and body treatments in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices
• Effectively inform and educate our guests about specific wellness concerns
• Must hold valid and maintain a current State license
• Willingness to learn body treatments and specific skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ideally to have worked in a resort spa setting
• Team player and to contribute toward a quality work environment
• Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues
For Spa Jobs please contact email@example.com
Primary Job Functions:
• Responsible for day to day operation in the pool and cabana area
• Ensure positive guest experience at pool
• Ensure food quality at the cabana café
• Ensure café follows all state and county rules and regulations for food handlers and restaurant guidelines
• Enforce pool rules for guests and employees
• Test and maintain safe pool levels in the pool, Jacuzzi and whirlpools in locker room areas
• Ensure furniture and equipment is in working order; including, but not limited to, handicapped chair
• Train new staff on practices, protocols, procedures as they relate to their jobs in and around the pool and cafe
• Assist in recruiting, hiring and selecting staff
• Coach and council staff as needed
• Maintain food inventory for café to ensure ample supply
• Maintain linen supply at the pool for guest usage
• Daily maintenance walks to ensure all areas are to standard
• Oversee all food handlers, servers and pool attendants
• Maintain weekly schedule of staff to ensure ample staffing levels
• Assist in generating sales and revenue in the pool and cabana outlet to ensure profitability
• Assist in other areas of the spa, when needed
• Act as spa MOD in spa, as needed
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work well with others
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
• Ability to deal effectively with a diverse group of individuals at all organizational levels
• Proficient in SMS and other necessary software programs
• Handling challenges and priorities with enthusiasm
• Adapt well to an active environment
• Working independently well
• Thorough awareness and knowledge of safety hazards
• Candidate must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time
• Must be able to coordinate multiple physical tasks
• Must be able to bend as well as push/pull/lift 30lbs
• Must be able to work outdoors in and out of direct sunlight
For Spa Jobs please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Spa Operations at GrapeSeed Spa
Description: Responsible for managing and supervising all areas of the spa, including its programs, services, hours of operation, facilities and staff. Coordinates the delivery of spa services,
including salon, skin care, fitness and wellness, massage, program coordinating, reservations, reception desk and locker room areas. As a department head, directs and works with the management team and hourly employees to successfully execute all spa operations. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.
Education and Experience:
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the spa, guest services, front desk, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the spa, guest services, front desk, sales and marketing, or
related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Spa Operations and Budgets:
• Selects vendors for spa retail operations and managing contract agreements.
• Oversees retail product research, product selection and purchasing, product display.
• Manages supply inventories and purchasing control, including uniforms.
• Monitors the spa's actual and projected sales to ensure revenue goals are met or exceeded.
• Maintains cleanliness of spa and related areas and equipment.
Managing Spa Sales and Marketing Strategy:
• Creates and coordinates special services for groups including group gifting programs, group amenities, group turndown gifts, letters and invitations, creating special spa services for specific
groups and spa contract addendum negotiation.
• Develops and Manages spa promotions including gifting programs, gift with purchase, co-op marketing efforts and holiday events.
• Ensures spa services are included in all property-related marketing and advertising.
• Identifies and recommending new products and product enhancements to remain competitive in the market.
Managing Spa Revenue Management Strategy:
• Monitors and Manages the payroll function.
• Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements, budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
• Manages Spa controllable expenses such guest amenities, linen expense, professional salon products, plants, decorations and paper supplies to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring and Delivering Exceptional Customer Service:
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifying excellent customer service, and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Strives to improve service performance.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
• Reviews findings with employees to develop appropriate corrective action, sharing plans with property leadership and ensuring corrective action is taken to continuously improve results.
• Interviews and hires management and hourly employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Develops, implements and maintains a Spa orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Administers the performance appraisal process for direct report managers.
• Develops business goals and creates appropriate development plans.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensuring employees do the same within the team.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviewing employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives and communicates expectations, recognizing performance, and
producing desired business results.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
Please send completed application or resume to emorales@wineresort
Carter Estate Winery and Resort
Executive Assistant Manager
Description: The Executive Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the General Manager with the successful operation and administration of all resort departments to include: front office, housekeeping, engineering, tasting room, wine club and food and beverage. The Executive Assistant Manager is also responsible for the Human Resources and Accounting functions at Carter Estate Winery and Resort. The Executive Assistant Manager must ensure that all departments are continually balanced while focusing on providing an exceptional experience to every guest and maximizing department profitability at the same time. The Executive Assistant Manager is responsible for ensuringthat all Carter Estate Winery and Resort operations are carried out professionally, to standards and at the highest level of service. The Executive Assistant Manager will achieve desired outcomes by planning, implementingand controlling effective departmental strategies that drive results and through the creation, development and maintenance of a competent, motivated and empowered hotel staff. The Executive Assistant Manager will effectively lead, train, coach, motivate, engage and provide feedback to hotel staff, supervisors and managers on a daily basis. In the absence of the General Manager, the Executive Assistant Manager will assume this role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Create and execute department strategies that will drive the hotel to exceed guest satisfaction, cleanliness standards and revenues.
• Work collaboratively with all supervisors and managers to continually enhance and advance the hotel’s goals and operations.
• Ensure the operations staff, supervisors and management are properly trained to standards and able to carry out the operations of each function of their department.
• Anticipate guests’ and employees’ needs and respond promptly.
• Ensure that the guest experience is pleasant and positive from arrival through departure.
• Analyze GSA scores and comments; enhance current strategies and develop and execute action plans to eliminate deficiencies.
• Responsible for all property based human resources and accounting functions; work closely with the corporate office to ensure that all human resources and accounting policies and procedures are followed.
• Work closely with managers and supervisors to develop them both personally and professionally.
• Maintain complete knowledge of all operations department policies/service procedures.
• Maintain complete knowledge of: all hotel features and services, all room types, rates, special package and promotions, daily arrivals / departures / room availability, scheduled in-house group activities, VIPs scheduled,
in-house group names, background, activities, locations, and times as well as special requests/arrangements.
• Review and respond to daily operational demands as it relates to the hotel.
• Conduct and/or participate in Daily Line ups as well as Departmental meetings.
• Ensure that all operations departments and employees comply, on a consistent basis, with all Fire Department Safety codes and OSHA guidelines.
• Ensure that employees comply and abide by the employee standards of conduct at all times.
• Ensure that all employee and management reviews are done in an efficient and timely manner.
• Ensure that staffing level requirements are met when both minimum and maximum occupancy levels dictate.
• Ensure that cleanliness and condition of each area meets designated hotel standards and the appropriate inspections are carried out on a consistent basis. Directly contact respective personnel and relay any deficiencies
that are to be corrected.
• Ensure that guest requests are accommodated expediently and courteously.
• Prepare the monthly forecast numbers for payroll budget and expenses.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly financial forecasts for operations departments.
• Maintain constant control over changes and variances in budget for payroll, staff, ordering of supplies according to changes in occupancy levels.
• Ensure that an accurate inventory is completed at least twice a month pertaining to housekeeping and front office amenities and supplies, standard guest room items, linen, food and beverage items, etc.
• Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with manager and/or on-coming shift supervisor.
• Work with engineering to ensure that all equipment within the guest rooms and all operational departments within the hotel are functioning properly and are a part of an effective preventative maintenance program.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited university/college or
• At least seven (7) years of related experience or
• Any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the above skills, knowledge and abilities.
• Computer skills required.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office preferred.
• Experience with SMS and MASS 200 property management and information systems.
Submit resume to email@example.com
Interested? You can apply with your resume, a completed application download the pdf.
There are two options for getting your resume or application to us:
By email to the email addresses indicated above;
or by mail to:
South Coast Winery Resort and Spa.-Employment
3719 South Plaza Drive
Santa Ana, CA 92704
All applicants must pass a drug test and background check.
South Coast Winery Resort & Spa is an equal opportunity employer and
affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without
regard to race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.